Stay tuned! As the event gets closer we'll add any special activities or events that are scheduled.
9 a.m. Zoo Opens
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lunch at Security Benefit Pavilion
4:30 p.m. Final entry to the event. The zoo closes at 5 p.m., so we need all attendees into the event by 4:30 p.m.
4:45 p.m. Facebook Live event drawings! If you attend the event you are automatically entered to win.
Door Prizes We'll Be Drawing For:
Drawing will take place at 4:45 p.m. via Facebook live. Members do not have to be present to win and will be notified following the event. If members win a bill credit it will automatically be credited to their account. Below are just a few of the prizes we'll be drawing for! Stay tuned more will be added as the event gets closer and some will be added the day of the event.
- $50 Bill Credit, sponsored by KSI Engineering
- $100 Bill Credit, sponsored by FreeState
- $150 Bill Credit, sponsored by KEPCo
- $200 Bill Credit, sponsored by FreeState
Exhibitors and Vendors To Visit
- FreeState Electric Cooperative Crew (bucket truck)
- FreeState Electric Cooperative Energy Use Coordinator
- Jefferson Co. Humane Society
- United Way of Greater Topeka
- Edward Jones - Gabriel O'Shea
- Primerica - Kassidie Karns
FreeState is providing the following information to families as a courtesy to help plan a fun day out. The Crew at the Zoo event tickets are only redeemable at the Topeka Zoo on Saturday, August 28, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST. Additional activities at Gage Park are not included and are not part of the Crew at the Zoo event.
Gage Park is where memories are made, whether it's a ride on the historic mini-train or carousel, a trip to the zoo, playing at Animaland, strolling through the historic Reinisch Rose Garden or swimming at Blaisdell Family Aquatic Center. The 160-acre park is home to a 2-mile fitness loop trail, Helen Hocker Theater, the Kansas Children's Discovery Center and the Topeka Zoo and Conservation Center as well as a war memorial.
View the Gage Park Brochure (PDF).
Feature attractions in the Park include:
How to secure your event passes for this wild member appreciation event!
There are THREE ways to nab your event passes.
1. Stop by one of our offices to pick up wristbands from August 23-August 27 during regular business hours from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
2.Download your entry pass HERE!
3. Check Kansas Country Living in August! Bring the advertisement with your name, account number, and address filled out.
When filling out the event ticket, please include your FreeState account number and bring it with you to the zoo. There will be registration at the Zoo, but bringing your pre-filled pass will expedite your entry. Arrive any time between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at the Topeka Zoo (635 SW Gage Blvd, Topeka, KS 66606) and present either an express pass page or wear wristbands picked up in advance at either office location. When you arrive at the zoo, stop by the registration table to receive your wristbands and pick up your family gift.
Wristbands will provide free entry to the zoo, as well as free lunch served at the pavilion. Wristbands will be provided to the account holder and family.
The Topeka Zoo strives to maintain a safe, pedestrian-friendly environment where visitors of all ages and physical abilities can enjoy the benefits of the zoo.
For the safety of the animals and the enjoyment of all visitors, we ask that visitors adhere to the following guidelines when visiting Topeka Zoo:
- All of the animals at Topeka Zoo are on special diets to keep them healthy. Please do not provide any food to the animals except for the food specifically made available for the waterbirds and Children’s Zoo animals in the feed dispensers.
- Visitors should not attempt to touch or pet any animals except in the contact area of the Children’s Zoo.
- Fences and other barriers located throughout the zoo are for the safety of visitors and should never be crossed.
- Foreign objects should never be given or thrown to the animals. Foreign objects put the animals at risk and can cause medical problems.
- No outside animals will be allowed into the zoo except for service animals. Visitors with these animals should let the attendant at the front gate know upon arrival so we may be aware of their presence.
- Rollerblades, skateboards, and bikes are not allowed in the zoo.
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No outside food or drink may be brought into the zoo.
- The zoo is smoke-free. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the grounds.